Canberra Fencing League
Congratulations to the Maison Honey Badgers for winning the pilot Canberra Fencing League
- Maison Honey Badgers
- ePeh Team
- Team 4
- Dale Drummond's Dangerous Duelists
- Maison Mantis Shrimps
- Fence Sitters
- League of Extraordinary Fencers
- Presidential Potential
- Time: Matches will be held during Sunday training at ANU. Teams must be present at 11:15 AM.
- Dates: 22 April, 29 April, 13 May and 20 May.
- Venue: New Sport Hall at ANU Sport. 19 North Road, Acton, ACT.
- Coordination: This webpage will be regularly updated with results and upcoming bouts. Please check it often for the most up to date information once the competition starts.
- Cost: Team entry will be $60 per team for the season.
- Commitment: Teams will be expected to commit to the league once signed up. If fencers are unable to make it then the team is responsible for finding a substitute.
- Safety: ANU rules apply at the 'club' level. Details can be found here. Fencers not from ANUFC must be at least registered with their home state for insurance purposes.
- Contact: Any questions about the CFL can be directed to Kelvin Peh at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club affiliation: Not all fencers on a team must be members of the same club, but the team should select the club which the majority of their fencers is affiliated with to represent in the competition.
- Teams will be of mixed experience, with three categories of fencers: Competitive, Club and Beginner.
- Matches will be held in a relay style where each fencer will fence their opponent of the same category.
- All teams will be placed into a large poule and over the four weeks will all fence each other. Depending on entry numbers and the progress of the league, in the final week teams may play off for positions, e.g. 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th
For the pilot season we are happy for fencers to self-select their own category within the guidelines set out below. These are not hard boundaries and some movement will be permitted for the goal of forming a feasible team.
- Competitive: Regularly fencing on the AFC Open Circuit
- Club: Regular fencer at their club.
- Beginner: Started fencing less than four years ago.